Hack Showcases and RPG Hack Showcases are a series where I show off various game and rpg hacks. I try to stick with hacks that improve gameplay or add quality of life features, completely or partially change the plot and characters, along with additional content, dialogue, graphical and sound improvements. Non-rpgs I try to give a full run to, or at least enough for a solid review. Rpgs I will stick with titles that have enough changes in the beginning to show off, and when I can, show parts later in the games where more differences appear. There may be spoilers in the reviews and videos. Some of these I may stream fully in the future or play on my own. Reviews are open to later revisions due to bug and content updates or me playing them and finding anything new I wish to bring up.
Created by Pangent Technologies, this hack fixes a lot of the issues that plague the Famicom game A Week of Garfield. The fixes to this make the game a lot more enjoyable and less of a chore to play. I finished this on stream once before and it was a tough time and not one of my greatest streams.
This hack features:
- Overhauled graphics, especially Garfield and the UI.
- Start with full health.
- Level select. Press Select at the title screen to skip stages, then press Start.
- New font in the style of “Search for Pooky” for the Game Boy Advance.
- All text converted to ASCII format.
- Graphical bugs fixed, like how the lasagna powerup is rendered.
- Palette bugs fixed, like the incorrect palette of the Mice on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
With most romhacks, strongly suggested to check out the readme files for advice on the changes to hacks and any gameplay tips, especially with rpgs. Readme files for rpg hacks can contain additional gameplay advice, etc, and it’s worth subscribing to hacks you like on RHDN to keep up with updates for bug fixes, additional content, etc.